Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mahogany Chicken Wings

I really wish I could take credit for this recipe...but I can't. I found it on allrecipes.com (submitted by Christinet). I've only made minor changes because the recipe is pretty darn fabulous as it is!
The first time I made these, my husband declared it the best chicken wing he'd ever had.



These wings have are rich in flavor, savory and sweet. An asian twist with a subtle kick. It's complex taste  is like nothing you've ever had in a chicken wing. You're taste buds will thank you and beg for more. And the best part is...because they are baked, not fried, your waste line will thank you too!

Here's what you do:

Mahogany Chicken Wings:

3 pounds of chicken wings
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
2 TBS chili sauce (I like to use thai sirracha)
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1 TBS toasted sesame seeds

In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, molasses, chili sauce, ground ginger and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning occasionally. 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F 

In a baking dish, arrange chicken in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven approximately 50 minutes, brushing with remaining soy sauce mixture often and turning once, until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear. 

Sprinkle with sesame seeds. 

*Helpful tip: I've baked these wings in several different sized baking dishes. I've found that if you use a dish that is too big, the sauce will burn. Use a glass baking dish that is just big enough to squeeze the wings into a single layer.

These are great served as an appetizer, along side your favorite pizza, or with an Asian salad.
Give it a try. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment